BSI Gamma Foundation
Lieber Besucher, dieser Abschnitt ist nur auf Englisch verfügbar.
BSI GAMMA Foundation (Global Asset Management Methods and Applications) is a private, Swiss foundation established by BSI SA to mark the Bank's 125th anniversary.
The mission of BSI Gamma Foundation is to promote the development of theoretical and empirical research in the following domains:
- Asset management, in particular portfolio management;
- the mechanism of capital markets, including asset pricing and the competitive structure of the fund management industry;
- the role and form of public regulation in fund management in the financial industry;
Through public announcements, researchers from the international academic community are invited to submit research proposals. The final selection by the Board of the Foundation will be based on the following criteria: relevance with the objectives of the Foundation and proven academic record.
The Foundation will facilitate the organization of public conferences to dissiminate the results of these research studies. Some conferences will be addressed to the general public, while others will be designed for specialists.
Range of activity
The Foundation's objective will be pursued through:
- the award of research mandates to personalities or institutions of recognized scientific standing in the field of Asset. Management;
- an annual conference on Global Asset Management Methods and Applications, where the research results will be presented;
- the publication, in any form, of the research results;
- the promotion of seminars and courses in the field of applied Asset Management;
- the participation in and support of similar initiatives promoted by other well renowned organisations in the field of Asset. Management.
The Foundation is financed by income generated from the initial capital and an annual contribution provided for by BSI SA.
Prof. Andrea Beltratti, Chairman
Dr. Gianni Aprile
This part of our site is devoted to the working papers produced by Gamma Foundation and by other researchers in the asset management field.
The future of socially responsible investments (February 1st, 2012)
René Stulz, Ohio University and President of BSI Gamma Foundation
Dr. Jeroen Derwall, Tilburg University
Dr. Philipp Krueger, University of Geneva
Mrs. Angela De Wolff, Board President of Conser (Responsible Investment Solutions) – Geneva
Dr. Thomas Streiff, CEO of The Sustainability Forum Zürich
Mr. Colin Melvin, CEO Hermes Equity Ownership Ltd – London
Dr. Meir Statman, Santa Clara Univ. & Dr. Denys Glushkov, The Wharton School – Univ. of Pennsylvnia
Dr. Alberta Di Giuli, ESCP Europe, Paris Campus
Mr. Philippe Desfossés, CEO of ERAFP (Etablissement de retraite additionnelle de la function publique) – Bordeaux
Mr. Jean-Philippe De Schrevel, Co-Founder of BlueOrchard, CEO of BlueOrchard Investments – Geneva
Mr. Rob Lake, Director of Strategic Development PRI – London